In Telecommunications, 5G is the fifth generation technology standard for cellular networks (or mobile networks – communication networks where the last link is wireless. The network is distributed over land areas called “cells”, each served by at least one fixed-location transceiver, but more normally, three cell sites or base transceiver stations).
5G started to be deployed from 2019 by cellular phone companies as the planned successor to the 4G networks which provided so far connectivity to most current cellphones. Let us be petty here and define “cellphones” as opposed to smartphones, for the curious minds not afraid to ask “stupid questions”:
- cellphone is a phone with access to a cellular radio system so it can be used over a wide area, without a physical connection to a network; a mobile phone or any portable telephone that can make or receive calls. It is more about the technology used to transmit your calls, rather than what the handset itself can or cannot do! Therefore, a smartphone is a cellphone, the word cellphone just having that old nokia flavour … gotcha, dictionary.
- the frequency of an “active” intelligent brain is 13Hz (high alpha or low beta) – concentration and alertness is 14 – 40 Hz – relaxed focus and light meditation is 4 – 8 Hz
a) Our brains do not operate in just one single frequency. The full spectrum of brainwave frequencies are always running, all the time. The dominant frequency determines our mental state – entertainment temporarily shifts our mental state by boosting one frequency to be louder than others)
b) If you are exposed to 177dB sound waves at 0.5 to 0.8 Hz, it can start messing with your lungs, making your breathing erratic and literally shaking your bones around. Short-term exposure can damage your joints, but the effects of chronic exposure can include nausea and visual impairment (source: Horowitz)
The world’s connectivity need are changing:
- 1G: Mobile voice calls
- 2G: Mobile voice calls and SMS
- 3G: Mobile web browsing
- 4G: Mobile video consumption and higher data speed
- 5G: Technology to serve consumers and digitalisation of industries
The last known Industrial Revolution was reputed for overall lack of considerations for the environment. The cost of production versus the destruction of forests, pollution or human rights were not a concern for previous Men in Suits when doing businesses. Nore their overpaid healthy lawyers!
Maybe, the COVID-19 self-imposed rest from work will create a healthier approach to this brand new Revolution here. Communications might be different regarding relationships between races and with the human bodies. Not the animals … they are being silly acting crazy around the 5G towers. Don’t mind them.
The idea of being more connected to your cellphones and any devices stopping you from paying attention to the road you are currently walking in or the highway you are casually driving on is so exciting. In Shanghai they have deployed 5G spots by reconverting the obsolete “telephone booth“, which we fondly remember as the time when we had coins to insert and make a call. Will it be the case in every city? Will people safely stay away from them, creating a curve of human bodies avoiding the possibility of exposure to something they do not fully trust or understand?
Cancel at anytime! No Contract! No Obligation.
|or go to Paypal.Me/Afribean (CLICK HERE)
to choose the lowest currency
BY: Sylvaine FRANCIS